Who Paid You For/In January? Here is my List.. Plus a few questions for you all

DISCLAIMER
Some people have objected to this monthly post for various reasons. So Im starting with this disclaimer. I do this full time. Its technically not beermoney for me. So this is NOT typical of most people. But it does show each month what programs are paying and whats working. And it also shows that those that are unemployed, disabled or have other special circumstances, who may come across this subreddit, that extra money can be made with some time and effort.
 

 
Gotta a few things to chat with ya all about. Lets first address January numbers and then we can talk about some other things, including my ugly mug returning to a computer screen near you in the future
 
Im going to say I had a January slump versus January being bad. Ive seen other people's numbers, including /u/fjleon 's numbers (hes gonna be so happy he out did me in personal earnings) to know that my numbers were more on me than on an industry slump. But things are looking up. One of my main issues has been a computer than had slowed to a crawl. As of this weekend that has been addressed as friends of mine banded together to make me a beast of a machine for Christmas... it just was delayed for 6 weeks lol. So I no longer have the computer issues. And my motivation, which had waned, has also started coming back. I expect Feb to be much better than January.
 
So now that I have a computer that can handle just about anything, Im thinking about starting two different projects. Number one. I was thinking of doing a live Q&A during the evening when I post my earnings report. Or maybe the next day. Would that be something you all would be interested in? And would you prefer it on Twitch or Youtube? Let me know your thoughts in the comments or by PM.
 
The other thought was bringing back a weekly podcast like show, in the same vein as Fishering and I's thing we did last summer. It wouldnt be as long and would be mostly news and opinion, at least at first. And it would probably be recorded instead of a live show. Would this be something ya'll would be interested in even if you did have to see my weird looking face?
 
Anyway thats it for now. Give me your thoughts in in reply here or by PM. And lets have a great February!
 

Program Jan 2018 Total
Mturk $500 $10667
Swagbucks1 $200 $1910
Credit Card Sign up Bonus $100 $650
PhonePayCheck2 $75 $922.45
EarningStation $50 $275
Drop $50 $40
Prolific Academic $38.30 $625
Perk $25 $625
KoinMe $25 $270
InstaGC $20 $823.50
Testable Minds $10.30 $29.50
Prizerebel3 $10 $622
NorthFork Research $10 $130
Volkno $10 $50
RadioEarn $8.30 ---
Earnhoney $5 $800
Mobile Performance Meter $5 $80
MicrosoftRewards $5 $65
CrossMediaPanel $5 $55
Shoptracker $3 $27
Total $1144.60 $21815.32
Ref Earnings $200 $924
Full Total $1344.60 $22839.32

  FOOTNOTES
1. Does not count Ref earnings
2. Registration is closed for this app
3. Does not count Ref Earnings

Thats my list for Jan. Who paid you for/in last month?

 

FAQ

I'm in need of extra money. Should I persue doing some of this?
Yes and no. There is obviously money to be made. But there are drawbacks. Mturk (there are alternatives but not usually as lucrative) may not accept you (wont accept if outside US), Earnings may be low on programs like EH and other stuff can be a grind. Mobile based earnings means needing devices and takes money and time. Passive earning is starting to show huge signs of decline. I dont want anyone to believe they can sit down tomorrow and be making $1000 next month.

 

I live outside the USA. How can I earn?
Unfortunately most of the stuff I do is either USA only or US/UK/CA/AU. So its hard for me to advise whats available to people outside of those areas. If you live outside those 4 countries I really dont have advice for you. And I dont have much advice for even outside the USA.

 

How Much Time do you spend with this?
Its Hard to quantify. I am in front of a computer ALOT but its not always focused on making money. I have games I play and have scripts that watch for HITs ON Mturk so if something pops thats good I switch over. Plus Im often doing multiple things at once. That said.. there are people who make more then me with less time. Im actually very inefficient.

 
Will you give me advice or help me get started?
Yes but only if you approach it with the mindset that its slow and a grind at times and not get rich quick or at all.

 
How do you make so much on Mturk. Can you give me any hints?
I have a Mturk 101 typed up I can send with some tips and tricks.

 
Why dont you get a real job?
Health issues.. and I can nap at 1PM.. and I dont have a boss looking over my shoulder... and I can work naked (I dont.. or do I....)

 
You must have a ton of referrals to make that much!
All the totals above represent only personal earnings. I seperate out ref earnings.

 
OMG! You must cheat somehow to make so much!
I do nothing outside the TOS of any of the programs. I consider this income to be a blessing and wouldnt do anything to jeopardize that. Plus cheating just kills programs and defrauds the companies that are allowing me to make this income.
 

Do you have to pay taxes on all of this
Yes on most of it. There are some exceptions but the majority of this income is taxable. Most of these companies dont issue 1099s but that doesnt mean you dont have to pay taxes. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions on how to handle taxes on "beermoney" income w



Submitted February 04, 2019 at 09:04AM by themightyox http://bit.ly/2MOr837

Comments