My 2018 Year In Review - With Spreadsheet and End of Year Analysis

Good Afternoon!

I have gone over my beermoney spreadsheet and statuses from 2018. To start, here is my spreadsheet (sanitized obviously)

The TL;DR of it is this:

What How Much
Gross $9,114.32
Minus 30% tax $2,734.30
Total $6,380.02
Expenses $3,688.67
YTD Net Total $2,691.35

(Note about expenses: I included internet costs even though that was going to be used/purchased ANYWAYS. I also purchased some equipment at a rather high price. There is a $1300 block on there for a consultant who I paid to come out and do some networking and power work around the house)

Is it worth it, dude, really?

Looking at the numbers, meh. Not really sometimes. I mean, in all reality, you could prob earn a couple grand a year doing pizza delivery a couple hours a night. That being said, I find it to be a fun (most of the time) hobby, so I enjoy investing a little bit of time here and there. There are people on this subreddit who will downvote everything everyone says no matter what, and tell them they are wasting their time, and sites are screwing them and shit like that, but whatever, fuck those people.

A few notes about my spreadsheet:

  • Yes, I realize this is some amature hour crap, and my calculations suck sometimes, and my design is terrible and insert whatever other toxic thing but whatever, it works for me.
  • I've sanitized the account names and whatnot from it, but left a lot of my more random stuff in there (Calculations tab)
  • Again, yes, I know it looks like crap.
  • I estimated a flat 30% tax for the total year. Ignore column S.

Times to note

There are several time chunks that are represented here, with some details for each:

  • In April, after buying a couple dozen extra phones to fill out my farm, I got sick and damned tired of all of the monitoring it took. Ended up selling the whole phone farm in May. You'll see things like YooLotto and Rewardable drop off the face of the earth there.
  • In May I stopped running KoinME since it was acting funky, and Rewardrack was earning pretty well.
  • Swagbucks was hit or miss most of the year until I dedicated time to it. Starting mid-November.
  • The big one. In September I slowed down my Rewardrack earnings for personal reasons (moving, vacations, deaths, etc). The following month, Rewardrack stopped giving me offers. I now see them about as often as folks that are softbanned on KoinMe or other sites.

Breakdown

Mturk

This one is pretty easy and well known. I dont follow any forums, or work many scripts (pandacrazy and what not). I mainly just left things like hitnotifier.com up and would grab there here or there. At the start of the year I was very "raw raw lets do this" but burned out quickly just based on the effort. I know a lot of folks make over a grand a month on mturk alone, I just have never gotten that into it. Might have to this year, but we will see.

Swagbucks

My go-to right now. I know it'll dry up again, but Im trying to get while the getting is good. Between money making offers (spend $5, get $35 in swagbucks back), ncraves, watch, and the mobile apps, it is easily keeping my alcoholism in full swing. Cannot recommend it enough if you have the patience to get it rolling and keep it rolling. A couple pcs, a couple phones, help your family members setup accounts, get referrals, etc. Right now, the accounts that I know of are seeing anywhere from $2-3 a day, with some as much as $4-6, and the occasional referral doing money-makers, netting me a solid referral bonus. Pays out quickly (a couple of days usually). December was an odd month since they were doing the whole "spend $18, get $20 worth of swagbucks" with $100/day max. A bit of an outlier, but Id estimate in 2019, I should be able to hit around $250/month pretty easily.

Yoolotto Was an awesome earner at the end of last year, and into this year. Paid out next business day in easily convertible cash. Limited amount of work needed. Around April, we all started seeing nothing but spinning white circles on every phone for hours on end. Restarting the app once a day on a couple dozen phones by hand got tiring. Not earning more than like, 3 cents per day per phone ended up seeming silly. Rather than wait for anymore deathrattles (like I did with Perk, Checkpoints, etc) I just got out of the phone game. Sold my whole phone farm for roughly what I would have earned for the rest of the year.

Rewardrack

Obviously my best earner, making up well over my yearly income. When it dried up, it hurt. A lot. But like I've said before, and warn all of my friends about:

These sites can and will go down, ban, or just stop paying all together. Cash out early, cash out often. Dont rely on these sites for food or bills.

RewardableTV

One of the most stable apps I've used. They had a max of 7 phones limit on it, but when I sold my phone farm, I let this drop off the face of the earth. In October, I put one of my old HP Stream tablets on the website. Its good for $10/month for literally not having to touch it at all.

KoinME

At its best, it had offers (read: videos) and it was passive, but would still only get you around $0.06/hour. Not good. But it was solid. Good for $25/month in most cases. Then ads started drying up, offers ran for less and less time. These days, its damn near dead. I still have one machine on it, but its starting to not pull its weight anymore.

Usertesting.com

My second biggest earner, but also my second biggest time suck. For every test that took 5 minutes, there were tests taking 20. But every now and then there was a special testing session that awarded me quite a bit per hour over the estimated. See October and November.

Honorable mentions

Radioearn.com - new and passive. It is a max of 4 "radios" per IP, so its beneficial to run it when you have more IPs or physical locations. With 2 IPs, Im sitting at around $15/month. Note: It hasnt paid yet, but some other folks have payment proof. Takes zero effort to keep it running, and runs 100% in the background of whatever machine you have it on.

Banhoney - Earnhoney took a nose dive for me so hard that I left it off of 2018's spreadsheet altogether. I occasionally would return to it for a day, run it on a machine, make $0.007 before being softbanned again, and pledging never to go back.

Conclusions and Stuff

Is it worth it, dude, really?

Looking at the numbers, meh. Not really sometimes. I mean, in all reality, you could prob earn a couple grand a year doing pizza delivery a couple hours a night. That being said, I find it to be a fun (most of the time) hobby, so I enjoy investing a little bit of time here and there. There are people on this subreddit who will downvote everything everyone says no matter what, and tell them they are wasting their time, and sites are screwing them and shit like that, but whatever, fuck those people.

2019....

If you have a couple computers laying around, a couple of these are still worth the effort.

For Passive apps, I recommend running:

  • RewardableTV
  • RadioEarn
  • Swagbucks (apps, ncraves and watch)
  • KoinMe

For active sites, Ill be investing more time into:

  • Usertesting.com
  • MTurk

And finally, for offer style sites, money makers, etc:

  • Swagbucks

I hope any of that info might help anyone or someone or no-one, whatever. Im at work, bored out of my mind since no one else is here, and wanted to feel like I contributed in some way to someone's day.



Submitted January 02, 2019 at 06:31PM by beastquake509 http://bit.ly/2Arfeav

Comments