Botting Reward Programs?

Location: VA

I'm curious as to whether or not using automated scripts or bots to click on links, play games, and play videos on reward programs such as Swagbucks or Earnhoney would have any legal (criminal or civil) consequences and the likelihood of any enforcement action, if any.

I know it's against the program's terms of use but I have some friends who are using automated scripts on their own computers (not a botnet) with upwards of 50 to 100 accounts...and they're making a significant amount of money (close to $1,000 per month). They say they pay taxes on it when they cash out for Paypal rewards (I think). It'll definitely help with my tuition costs.

Anyway, I'm interested in getting involved but was wondering about the consequences. I don't care if my accounts get banned but do care if there are criminal/civil repercussions since I imagine all of this stuff is traceable.



Submitted December 13, 2017 at 03:43PM by palinxu http://ift.tt/2Bl640L

Comments