[Solution] No Ads on Android App? Reset your Advertising ID

I went three weeks with zero ads appearing on my androids until I reset my AD ID. After resetting and rebooting those damn ads reappeared immediately on my next video. (tested on 5 phones, 5.0 and 4.4)

This makes it seems like earnhoney or the ad providers can "blacklist" your phone via advertising ID regardless of IP until you manually reset it (even though I got ads on every other beermoney app) :/

You can find the instructions for Resetting your Ad ID on google or at a site like this, but I have quoted it here for ease.

"Step 1: Open Google Settings on your Android device by tapping on menu and then on Google Settings once all apps are displayed on the screen.

Step 2: Locate and tap on the Ads menu under Services.

Step 3: Tap on "reset advertising ID" on the new page. The page lists the current advertising ID on the same page.

Step 4: Confirm the reset when the confirmation prompt is displayed. Once you reset the advertising ID, a new ID is displayed immediately on the same page. Since a new ID is assigned now, advertisers cannot link past actions anymore to the device if only the advertising ID was used for that."

Three weeks of lost revenue for a 30 second fix. Unbelievable Earnhoney....



Submitted March 24, 2017 at 05:19PM by weforgothisname http://ift.tt/2nNA6mW

Comments