An Experienced Adman Addressing Several Misconceptions.

I have been working in advertising for over 15 years, 8 of which have been in digital advertisement . I currently work for one of the largest ad networks in North America. I recently only started using "Beermoney" especially EarnHoney and after reading many of the posts here I feel like I should clear up a few things that some of you are debating.

First and foremost there is no single defining reason for you to get ads. There are a number of different factors that are taken to account such as geographical location, age groups, cookies based on your internet habits to name just a few one of the biggest is advertisers bidding on your traffic. So if someone in L.A is getting ads while someone in Santa Monica isn't then there is no cause for concern eventually ad networks will find an ad for you.

Second getting flagged by ad networks for "bot like behavior" is a very real thing. Companies buy ad space to increase there sales not to just give you something to watch in between videos. If it is noticed that a specific IP is watching to many ads because the user is running dozens of devices or even a few devices but 24/7 not resulting in an increase of sales then they will no longer send any ads to that IP address or even in a few cases the MAC address of the specific devices that are running those ads on. But based on what people are describing in there posts as well as what I have personally experienced I highly doubt thats whats happening at the moment. Generally when a ad network flags your IP you get zero video ads, zero banner ads and zero outstream ads. If you think your IP is ban there are several ways of verifying.

1) On your main page in Earnhoney right next to Buzz TV offers click on view more. There is a none passive video for TVminutes that will award you 0.2 HD$. Click on it and let it play if you get an ad then your IP has not been flagged by a ad network.

2) If you notice that you get ad banners of any kind on either TVglee, Matched Cars or TV Minutes even if the video ad doesnt play then your IP has not been flagged since ad networks still pay out for static banners under most likely a CPM model. So there is no point of paying Earnhoney for those banners if they suspect its not a real person behind the computer.

3) If you get almost no video ads on there video player or have not seen many ad banners but you see outstream ads on the bottom right corner of your browser then your IP is not flagged because of the same reason I gave for static banners.

4)If you are a multi-platform user meaning that Earnhoney is not the only "Beermoney" site that you use then check to see if you get ads on one of those other platforms. If you notice that you do then most likely your IP has not been flagged. Yes many different sites use different ad networks but there are several 3rd party entitles that monitor "bot like behavior" and if your IP would be flagged it would be by one of them.

If I had to take a educated guess on what is happening with Earnhoney at the moment then my analysis is this

The beginning of each year many advertisers begin analytics to determine the performance of there advertisements for the previous year and make adjustments accordingly. A general rule of thumb is that for the first quarter there are not to many national ads to go around mostly just regional advertisers so the amount of ads users are getting for the first few months of the year will greatly drop. You are less likely to see Coca Colas newest ad but you might see ads for your local dealership. Once many of the larger companies finish there latest commercials of 2017 and want them plastered anywhere and everywhere they can then many of you will see an increase in ads.

Next Recently the majority of web browsers have been dropping support for flash player. An overwhelming majority of ad networks including my own distribute flash based content and we are currently going though a bit of a transition. Luckily this is happening in the first Quarter and not in the middle of December where digital advertising is at its peak. So the fact that EarnHoney isn't always paying out when an ad has finished is understandable at least until the next "Major Update".

But

What I find troubling is the fact that I have never used Earnhoney before and I currently have a new EarnHoney account. I get just a few video ads a day making me about $0.30 a day but I constantly get banner and outstream ads. What that means is Earnhoney is making money off the banners and outstream ads but are not distributing HD$ for them. According to there welcome video they distribute half there revenue back to the users. That is not the case at the moment. I would say that the I am only getting 1/10th of what they are making from my impressions. The only reason I can think of is that since there ads are so few in number they are currently not generating enough revenue to cover there monthly overhead so they are relying on not paying us for outstream ads as well as banners and maybe even some video ads to cover there costs. I did notice that they clam that by playing outstream ads it increases our over all payout rate but I can say with some certainty that is currently not the case.

EarnHoney clams that they will reimburse you for every ad that did not pay out but unfortunately that is not true. I did spend a afternoon watching my computer to make sure that those ads that I did get, payed out. I noticed that I had 25 ads that did not pay me and that for each full impression that did pay out I was awarded 0.2 HD meaning that I should have been reimbursed for 25 x 0.2 = 5 HD in the end I was only credited half that amount. If I factor in all the ads I haven't reported or didn't notice I wasn't credit for since the beginning of the year then there is quite a bit of money missing from my balance.

Basically from the older posts I have read on this sub, Earnhoney seemed like a very good way to earn a little extra cash on the side but at the moment they have some very unethical business practices such as misleading users when ads are low which is in it self very troubling since many people have wrote that they for the very first time they are asking for 1099-MISC but was only required in the beginning of this year which is a very big red flag. Legally companies are required to provide the 1099-Misc form the very moment a consultant or a freelancer earns $600. It is a very good thing that EarnHoney is complying with Federal Tax Regulations but the fact that they did not send it to users the moment they passed the tax free threshold is questionable at best and may actually result in an audit of the company due to the fact that users might have multiple accounts that earned over $600. If users just deactivated there second accounts as to not pay taxes on it then there earnings will still be reported but since the 1099-MISC wasn't filled out after the $600 threshold there is more then likely going to be several discrepancy's.

This has most likely been one of the longest posts then many of you have seen but my final thoughts are that I will be deactivating my account today. Earnhoney may be a legitimate company and also be profitable for many of you later in the year but there business practices are a little to questionable for me.



Submitted February 24, 2017 at 03:21AM by DoctorYouThatsWho http://ift.tt/2lg3T39

Comments